AVIAN INFLUENZA ADVICE
- If you house your birds, the house must be proof against wild birds and vermin.
- Feed and water birds inside and remove any uneaten feed.
- Use treadle feeders to prevent access by small birds.
- Feed wheat under water to prevent access by small birds.
- Use water direct from the mains supply, not from ponds, open tanks or water butts which may have been contaminated by bird droppings.
- Make sure feed stores are protected against wild birds or vermin.
- Remove any wild-bird feeders from the area around your birds.
- Check the health of your birds carefully.