Primitive Methodist Chapel, Angel Bank, Knowbury, Bitterley
A Primitive Methodist society was formed here in the early 1860s. They built this small polychrome brick chapel in 1880-1 at a cost of just over £273 1s. 1d. It was designed by Mr B. Weale of Ludlow, and could accommodoate about 100 worshippers. The foundation stones were laid in May 1881 and the opening services for the new chapel took place on Sunday 31st July 1881. The chapel has closed, the last service was held there on 17 May 1998.
Grid ref: SO 571761