[former] Primitive Methodist Chapel, Aqueduct
This Primitive Methodist Chapel was built in 1850 in Aqueduct in what was subsequently named Chapel Lane. The chapel continued in full use until 1917 but after that only occasional services were held, until 1920. After that the building was used for various purposes and was demolished c.1972. The commemorative stone was saved and thanks to the efforts of the Britannia Aqueduct Historical Society and local councils there is now a permanent place for the stone, commemorating the former chapel, situated by the roadside at the corner of Silkin Way and Chapel Lane.
Grid ref: SJ694058