[former] Asterton Primitive Methodist Chapel
What a sad sight the chapel was when seen in 2005. It was built in 1839 and had seating for 78 people. In 1851 the evening service was attended by 55 people. In 1866 it was reported that the chapel had undergone repairs and improvements which had been needed many years. By 1954 there just two old ladies attending the services. The chapel probably closed during the late 1950s. The building is quite derelict now. To see a close-up of the datestone, click here.
For a view of the chapel taken in 2021, click here.
Grid ref: SO 399414