[former] Baptist Chapel, Aston on Clun
A small Baptist church was formed here in 1836. They licensed a meeting house at the county quarter sessions in January 1838. They built this small chapel in 1844 at a cost of £120, which opened for divine worship on 22nd June 1844, with a membership of 14 people. In 1851 it had free seating for 50 people and 40 rented places. The congregation on Census Sunday 30 March 1851 was just 27. The congregation reportedly "died out" in 1964 and the chapel had certainly closed by 1972 and was sold in the early 1980s. By 2002 it was being used for storage by the surrounding farm, and in a poor condition. The datestone reads: BAPTIST/ CHAPEL 1844/ PREPARE TO/ MEET THY GOD.
Grid ref: SJ 394818