[former] Babbinswood Primitive Methodist Chapel, Whittington
There was a small Primitive Methodist Chapel in Babbinswood which was erected in 1833, with seating for less than 100 worshippers. In the Religious Census of 1851 there were 50 worshippers at their afternoon service and 79 at their evening one. It was mentioned in the "Shrewsbury Chronicle" of 17 November 1871 on page 6. In 1898 they acquired a new reed organ. The chapel appears on O.S. maps of 1874, 1900, 1924 & 1938, but not marked in 1947. It is possible that it is the "Methodist Chapel Schoolroom" which was offered for sale in 1988. The former chapel has now been converted to residential use & is totally unrecognisable as a former chapel. The chapel's location was just north of the Wesleyan chapel on the same road.
Grid ref: SJ 333302.