[former] Primitive Methodist Chapel, Bagley
This chapel was erected in 1863, replacing a former chapel which had been erected in 1827 and had become dilapidated. The old chapel had seating for 100 worshippers, and on Census Sunday 1851 there were 77 worshippers at their two services, plus 34 Sunday scholars. The foundation stone of the new chapel was laid on 10th March 1863. There is a datestone which reads: "Rebuilt/A.D./1863", and a commemorative stone reading: "PRIMITIVE METHODIST/ CONNEXION". The chapel is now (2002) converted to residential use, and called "The Old Chapel".
Grid ref: SJ 404271.