[former] Bank Road Primitive Methodist Chapel, Dawley Bank
This building was erected by the Primitive Methodists in 1841. In 1851 it had free seating for 260 people and rented seating for 120. On Census Sunday 30 March 1851 it had 60 attenders at their morning service and 146 at their evening service, plus 85 Sunday scholars. The building remained a Methodist chapel until 1960 when it closed & the congregation joined with the Methodist church in High Street, Dawley. Between 1963 & 1980 the building was used by a Spiritualist church, and is now (2004) used by the Johovah's Witnesses. For a view of the chapel as it was in 2004 , click here.