[former] Congregational Chapel, Bayston Hill
This chapel (a branch of Swan Hill Congregational chapel in Shrewsbury) was built in 1834 in Lyth Hill Road, and named "Mount Pleasant". In the mid 1840s the chapel closed but was re-opened later. In 1851 there were 80 free sittings in the chapel, and an afternoon attendance of 40 and an evening attendance of 80. There were 32 Sunday scholars. The chapel was renovated in 1880. The original entrance was situated on the long side facing the road, but in the late 19th century it was re-sited in the end wall (to the right). The chapel closed again in the later 19th century, but re-opened again by c. 1897. The congregation united with Bayston Hill Methodist Church in 1986. By 2003 the chapel was converted to business use. The inscribed tablet formerly placed over the archway has been removed.
Grid ref: SJ487089