[former] Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, High Street, Bishop's Castle
The foundation stone of this chapel was laid in August 1866 by John Norton. The chapel was renovated in 1903 and had a new American organ & re-opened on 2 December of that year. The chapel is no longer in use for religious purposes. It has been greatly altered since its closure. The building has had a new front added to the old front, which covers the forecourt of the old chapel. The building has been refenestrated on all sides. It is just possible to see the original pediment above the top of the new front, plus the stone quoin at the left-hand side of the original front wall.
To see an old map of the area showing the location of the former chapel, click here.