[former] Wesleyan Methodist / Primitive Methodist Chapel, St. Mary's Steps, Bridgnorth
The first Wesleyan Methodist Chapel was built in St. Mary's Steps in 1832. The chapel was opened on the 4th July 1833. The building was sold to the Primitive Methodist Church in 1854 (just after the Wesleyans had built their new chapel in Cartway in 1853). In 1893 they were still trying to clear the debt on the chapel. They bought a new organ which was played for the first time during a service on 11th April 1897. The chapel was used by the Primitive Methodists until it closed in 1933 and has now been converted to a dwelling.