[former] Independent Chapel, Beaumaris Lane, Newport
This chapel in Beaumaris Lane was built in 1803 to accommodate an Independent congregation which had originally been established in 1765. The chapel was licensed at the county quarter sessions in July 1803. It is not known where the first chapel was built, but by the early 19th century it was too small for the growing congregation, hence the move to a new chapel in 1803. In 1832 the Independents moved again, this time to an impressive new chapel in Wellington Road. The old chapel in Beaumaris Lane was then converted into two cottages, which have now been demolished, and the site cleared.