Blackford Primitive Methodist Chapel, Stoke St. Milborough
This chapel, built in 1869 at a cost of about £120, replaced an "iron chapel" built in 1823. This early chapel had 10 worshippers at their morning service in march 1851, 60 at their afternoon service and 30 at their evening service. The corner stones of the new chapel (25 ft x 17 ft) were laid on 9th September 1869. More than sixty bricks were laid on the occasion by the members, upon which various sums of money were put, varying from six pence. to one pound, raising in all about £32. Thre commemorative stone has the inscription "PRIMITIVE METHODIST 1869" on it. The building is in infrequent use as a Methodist chapel in 2019, and in fair condition. It has its own burial ground attached which is still used for burials.
Grid ref: SO 598830.