[former] Congregational Chapel, Stoneway Steps, Bridgnorth
The first Independent chapel in Stoneway was built c.1709. This was replaced by the Independent (Congregational) Church when they built the chapel in the picture in 1829. They added a schoolroom to it in 1841/2. In 1851 it had free seating for 110 people and rented seating for 290. There were 120 attenders at both their morning and evening services on 30 March 1851, as well as 64 Sunday scholars. Since 1962 the congregation has met with the Methodists in Cartway. The Congregational chapel is now (2017) used as the "Theatre on the Steps" having been bought in 1964.