Primitive Methodist Chapel, Brandhill
A Primitive Methodist society was in existence here by 1831. In the 1851 Religious Census it was reported that the chapel had been built in 1842, and had 20 worshippers at their afternoon service and 30 at their evening one. This chapel was built on land rented from the Ferny Hall estate for a shilling a year.The chapel closed in 1969. It lay empty for about 10 years, & was then used for storage. In 1986 it was sold to a farmer who converted it to residential use and rented it out.
Grid ref: SJ 422787