The Old Baptist Chapel, Broseley
Following the formation of a Baptist church in 1741, this chapel was built in 1742 & opened on 2 February of that year. It was licensed at the county quarter sessions in January 1742, A secession occurred in the early years of the 19th century, which led to the building of Birch Meadow Baptist Chapel, which has itself now closed. In 1851 this chapel had free seating for 250 people. There was an average attendance of 90 people, and an average 54 Sunday scholars on 30 March 1851. The Old Chapel was still used as a place of Baptist worship in 2002, but its use now (2018) is uncertain.. Click here for a view of the interior.