[former] Birchmeadow Baptist Chapel, Broseley
The Birchmeadow [Strict and Particular] Baptist Chapel was built in 1803 following a split in the Old Baptist Church in Broseley. This engraving shows the chapel as it was built. After it ceased to be used for religious worship c.1927 it has been the Elite Cinema, a night-club and during WW2 it was used by the local ARP and Home Guard. Extensions have been added in more recent times. It is now a community centre owned by the Town Council. For a recent view of the chapel, click here.