Methodist Chapel, Broseley Methodist Chapel, Broseley
The first Wesleyan Methodist chapel in Broseley was reputedly built c.1772, and was certainly in existence when John Wesley himself preached there in 1774. It apparantly moved at least once before 1811. The chapel in Duke Street was built in a classical style and had a pedimented porch and facade. This chapel was demolished in 1964 as it was unsafe. The Methodists built this modern chapel in 1971 which is still in use in 2016.

All the photographs on this website are copyright and may not be reproduced without the permission of the copyright owner.

This photograph is reproduced by kind permission of Steve Dewhirst of Broseley Local History Society

To return to the main page, click here