[former] Button Oak Primitive Methodist Chapel, paish of Stottesdon
Primitive Methodists were meeting in Button Oak for about 20 years before they were able to build a chapel. They were given a plot of land by Mrs Hamer & built a chapel which opened on Sunday 20th October 1861. The brick chapel with four circular-headed windows measured 23' x 18' and cost about £73 to build. They collected £40 at that time to help to pay the costs of the erection. Its subsequent history is not precisely known, but it seems to have still been in use as a chapel in the early 1950s. It was subsequently converted to a shop but its use is now unknown.
Grid ref: SO 752779