Chorley Baptist Chapel
The Baptists had been meeting in Chorley since at least 1867. They built this polychrome brick chapel in 1878 on land given by Lady Crompton of Chorley Hall. The foundation-stone laying took place on 23 September of that year. In 1884 the chapel was registered for the solemnization of marriages. The chapel, which has its own burial ground with gravestones, was still in use as a Baptist chapel in 2020.
Grid ref: SO 702832