Cleobury Mortimer Wesleyan Methodist Chapel (1)
The first Wesleyan Methodist chapel in Cleobury Mortimer was erected in 1790. In 1824 it was in a very poor condition and the trustees proposed selling the building. However by 1828 sufficient money had been raised and the building was repaired and re-opened on 7th October 1828. In 1851 it had seating for about 130 people, and was described then as "a small chapel in the High Street". There were 10 attenders at its morning service and 80 at its evening service in that year. In 1861 the chapel was sold to the Primitive Methodists. The building is now converted to offices and flats.