Clive Primitive Methodist Chapel[former] Clive Primitive Methodist Chapel
This small stone chapel, situated next to the road through the middle of the village, was erected in 1859 and opened on the 12th of June of that year. The chapel, built of stone with a slate roof, was 28 ft by 21 ft and cost 160 to build. The commemorative plaque has "CLIVE PRIMITIVE METHODIST CHAPEL MDCCCLIX" inscribed on it. The chapel was registered for solemnizing marriages on 21st July 1908. The chapel celebrated its centenary in 1959. It had closed by 23rd May 1996 when it was de-registered as a place of religious worship. In 2012 it was in a derelict state.
Grid ref: SJ 513243.

All the photographs on this website are copyright and may not be reproduced without the permission of the copyright owner.

To return to the main page, click here