[former] Primitive Methodist Chapel, Clungunford
The first Primitive Methodist chapel was erected here in 1840. In 1851 there were reported to be 30 worshippers at their afternoon service and 40 at their evening one. This chapel lasted until 1901 when it was replaced by a new chapel "after years of working and waiting". The site was paid for and the foundation stones were laid at the end of May 1901. The cost of the new chapel was over £250. The chapel was registered as a place of religious worship on the 11th December 1901 and de-registered on the 21st June 1971. The chapel was reportedly sold c. 1985 & demolished in 1989 and the space is now a car park.
Grid ref: SO 397787