[former] Cockshutt Primitive Methodist Chapel
This chapel was demolished in the early 1970s, The chapel was built by Mr Wood of Willaston in 1890/1 in the gothic style, with a projecting entrance porch, a rose window above it in the gable and a small turret behind it on the roof. The foundation stones were laid on 21st July 1890 and the chapel opened on the 15th May 1891. Due to generous donations the chapel opened free of debt. It was reported at the time that there had been Primitive Methodist services in Cockshutt for eight years before the chapel was built.
Grid ref: SJ 435287