[former] Crackley Bank Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, Shifnal
This small stone-built chapel, with two bays of round-headed windows, and a door at the south end, was built by the Wesleyan Methodists in 1838. In 1851 the chapel had free seating for 80 people. There were 8, 12 and 35 attenders resepectively at their services on Census Sunday 1851, but no reported Sunday scholars. Between June and September 1852 it seceded from the Wesleyan Connexion. By the late 1850s it belonged to the United Methodist Free Church, which it still was in 1876. However, by 1884 it was just called "Methodist Chapel" and by 1891 had reverted to beng a Wesleyan Methodist chapel. It ceased to be a Methodist chapel in the late 1920s. The building was sold, restored and used as a village hall, and also by the Apostolic Church, then during World War II it was the H.Q. of the local Home Guard. After the war it was used as a storeroom, gradually deteriorated and was demolished during the 1970s.
Grid ref: SJ 758108.