[former] Craignant Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, parish of Sellatyn
This little Wesleyan congregation is believed to have been established c. 1856. as there is a reference to Craignant's centenary in the Severn Valley Methodist Mission yearbook for 1956-7. The chapel was reportedly built in 1866. The Montgomery County Times of the 12th November 1898 refers to planned repairs to Craignant chapel. The chapel ceased to be used for religious purposes sometime after 1996 and was sold in 2003 and converted to residential use. Its registration as a place of religious worship was cancelled in October 2010. It is up for sale again in 2019.
There are 4 photographs of the chapel taken in 1996 in Shropshire Archives.
Grid ref: SJ 256350