[former] Crosshouses Methodist New Connexion Chapel
This brick-built chapel was erected in 1836 by Thomas Brocas for Methodists and in 1849 transferred it to the Methodist New Connexion & renamed it "Ebenezer". There was free seating for 48 people and the same amount of rented seating in 1851. They had 20 attenders at their aternoon service and 40 at their evening service on Census Sunday 1851, but no reported Sunday scholars. In 1890 it underwent considerable improvements externally & internally, & was beautified and altered at sole cost of Mr Samuel Caswell. By 2002 it was no longer used for religious purposes. It has been substantially altered & converted to residential use in recent years & named "Chapel House".
Grid ref: SJ 539075