Methodist Chapel, High Street, Dawley
This modern Methodist chapel (called Dawley Christian Centre) was built in 1978. A commemorative stone in the entrance hall reads "TO THE GLORY OF GOD/THIS STONE WAS UNVEILED ON 8TH APRIL 1978 BY/THE REVEREND NIGEL GILSON, D.F.C., M.A.,/ CHAIRMAN OF THE WOLVERHAMPTON & /SHREWSBURY DISTRICT OF THE METHODIST CHURCH". This building replaced a former chapel erected in 1860 which was demolished in 1977-8. This former chapel itself was a replacement for a small chapel opened in 1819 on the corner of High Street & Chapel Street.