Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, Holly Road, Little Dawley
A chapel at Little Dawley was registered by the Wesleyans in 1825. It was replaced in 1837 by this chapel, known locally as the "Big Penny". The inscription on the commemorative stone reads "WESLEYAN CHAPEL/ 1837". In 1851 there were 138 worshippers at their afternoon service and 128 in the evening plus 214 Sunday scholars in the morning and 207 in the afternoon. It was reported that "the chapel was erected in lieu, but not on the site of one previously erected." The chapel closed in 2004 and in September 2005 was up for sale for conversion into apartments.