Methodist Chapel, Wrekin Drive, Donnington Wood
This modern chapel was erected in 1966; the foundation stone was laid on 10th September 1966 and it opened in the following year. It replaced the old Methodist hall opened in 1948 which was located next to where the new chapel was built. The chapel is still used for worship by the Methodist Church in 2018.
When the former Primitive Methodist Chapel in Wellington Road and the Donnington Barracks UMFC chapel closed in 1967 (& the buildings sold or demolished) the congregations joined with the Methodist Church in the photograph.
Grid ref: SJ 704131