Dovaston Congregational (now United Reformed Church) Chapel
This chapel, with 150-200 sittings and its own burial ground, was built in 1879 in the gothic style, at a cost of £400. The architect was Mr John Price of Liverpool and the builder was Mr William Griffiths of Knockin. The foundation stones were laid by Alderman Thomas Minshall of Oswestry on the 4th August. The chapel opened on Christmas Day 1879 and was reported to hold 200 worshippers. The chapel was renovated in 1890. It was still in use as a chapel in 2018. For a view of the chapel in the 19th century, click here.
A former chapel was built in 1826, situated at the opposite end of the same site and is now converted to residential use. It has no datestone.
Grid ref: SJ 348211.