[former] "Ebenezer" Primitive Methodist Chapel, Frogmore Road, Market Drayton
This large & imposing polychrome-brick chapel, called "Ebenezer", was erected in 1867 and opened on the Sunday 10th November of that year. It could accommodate about 300 worshippers and cost about £800 to erect. The building was licensed for the solemnization of marriages on 29th May 1896. In 1984 the building was converted to community use. It replaced an earlier chapel in Ranters Gullet, off Cheshire Street, which was built in 1825 & licensed at the county quarter sessions in April 1826. In the 1851 Religious Census it was reported to have 150 sittings. On census Sunday there were 140 worshippers at their afternoon service and 150 at their evening one. There were also 90 children at their Sunday School. In 1851 it was described as too small for the number of hearers, and a new chapel "will shortly be built", However, this took longer than expected, as in 1865 it was still in use and was described as "a very inconvenient chapel".
Grid ref: SJ 674341.