Chapel Lane Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, Dudleston Heath, near Ellesmere
This chapel was erected in 1872, the foundation stones being laid in August. Four hundred people were there to witness the event. The chapel was still in use by the Methodist Church in 2018 but is not listed in 2021.
Grid ref: SJ 374363
There was an earlier Wesleyan Methodist chapel in Dudleston Heath which was reported in the 1851 Religious Census to have been built c. 1812; however, a chapel at Duddleston Heath was registered by John Whittaker, minister, of Drayton, as a place of religious worship on 1st July 1815. In the 1851 Census there were reported to be between 50 & 20 worshippers at the afternoon & evening services. There were also reported to be 40 Sunday Scholars in the morning and 12 in the afternoon. In Bagshaw's Directory of Shropshire, published in 1851, the chapel was described as "small".