[former] Edgton Primitive Methodist Chapel
This Methodist chapel was erected in 1834 and opened on 28th September of that year. The land was given by a local man who had heard Hugh Bourne preach. The chapel was 18 ft wide and 27 ft long, and "very neatly finished". In 1851 it had free sittings for 90 attenders and free space to accommodate 45. At their 3 services on Census Sunday 30 March 1851 they had attendances of 6 in the morning, 35 in the afternoon and 15 in the evening. In 1866 the old pulpit (described as "shattered and delapidated") was taken down & a new platform erected, & they were contemplating putting on a new roof. The chapel was registered for solemnizing marriages on 6th May 1909. The chapel was reportedly closed "about 50 years ago" and was sold 1974-5. The building was de-registered as a place of religious worship on 20th February 1989. By 2005 it had been converted to residential use and called "The Old Chapel".
Grid ref: SO 384858