Primitive Methodist Chapel, Trimpley Street, Ellesmere
This chapel which was built in 1908, has a tower, which was not a common feature of nonconformist chapels in Shropshire. It is still in use as a Methodist chapel in 2016.
There was a previous Primitive Methodist chapel in the town, called Mount Zion, before the one pictured here, which was built in 1840 in Scotland Street. It opened on 12th July of that year.
In addition there were two other Methodist chapels in the town, one belonging to the Wesleyan Methodists built in Watergate Street in 1844, and the other belonging to the Wesleyan Methodist Association, built in Scotland Street in 1835.
Grid ref: SJ398348