[former] Bethel Primitive Methodist Chapel, Ellerdine [former] Bethel Primitive Methodist Chapel, Ellerdine
This chapel was opened in 1847, having been built on land granted by the Duke of Sutherland in 1843. It had 50 free sitings and 24 others. In 1851 it had a congregation of 48 at its morning service and 67 at its evening service when the census was conducted. The chapel closed in the late 1960s and the congregation joined the Emmanuel Methodist chapel at Ellerdine Heath. Bethel was put up for sale c. 1968-72.

All the photographs on this website are copyright and may not be reproduced without the permission of the copyright owner.

Photograph kindly provided by Mollie Tricket

To return to the main page, click here