SHROPSHIRE'S NONCONFORMIST CHAPELS

[former] Primitive Methodist Chapel, Ellesmere
[former] Primitive Methodist Chapel, Scotland Street, Ellesmere
This is an earlier Primitive Methodist chapel in the town, called Mount Zion, which was built (at a cost of 250) in 1840 in Scotland Street. It opened on 12th July of that year. In the 1851 Religious Census it was reported that there were 192 sittings, and on census Sunday there were 49 worshippers at their morning service and 87 at their evening one. This chapel was replaced by a new larger chapel in Trimpley Street in 1908. The old building building still stands, but is now used for commercial purposes


All the photographs on this website are copyright and may not be reproduced without the permission of the copyright owner.

To return to the main page, click here