[former] Welsh Calvinistic Methodist Chapel, Frankwell Quay, Shrewsbury
This chapel (costing about £1000; the debt not finally cleared until 1890), was designed by borough engineer T. Tisdale, following permission to build the chapel granted in April 1864. It was opened on the 4th of May 1865 for a congregation of English-speaking Welsh Calvinistic Methodists. The congregation had been formed in 1854, and had met in a rented "mission room" on Claremont Hill until the chapel was built. The congregation moved to a new building on Belmont Bank in 1905 q.v. The Frankwell Quay chapel continued in use as a mission church until 1909 when the building was sold. It is now incorporated into "Theatre Severn".
Grid ref: SJ 489128