Green Primitive Methodist Chapel, Broughton, near Bishop's Castle
Primitive Methodists were meeting at the Green by 1851. In the Religious Census of that year, they were meeting in a house and in March they had 46 worshippers at their afternoon service. This chapel was built in 1862 at a cost of about £150 on land given by Mr Maddox. The foundation stone was laid on 28th May 1862 and the chapel opened on 2nd November. It was described at the time as a "very neat little building". They installed a chandelier in 1866. The chapel is still in use as a Methodist place of worship in 2020.
Grid ref: SO 304910