[former] St. Mary's Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, The Hales, Burwarton
This little chapel, which has no datestone or commemorative stone, was built on a site bought for £4 in 1815. In 1851 there was free seating for 70 people and rented seating for 30 in the chapel. They had 30, 40 and 35 at their three services on Sunday 30 March 1851 but no reported Sunday scholars. It was sold by the Methodists in the early 1960s and de-registered as a place of worship on 15th February 1963. At some point it was acquired by the Apostolic Church who put it on the market in Nov. 2002. When the photograph was taken it was boarded up and disused. A short article about it appeared in the Daily Telegraph property page on 9 November 2002. By 2018 the building had been converted to residential use.
Grid ref: SO 611839