Highley Primitive Methodist Chapel
This chapel replaced a 'tin tabernacle' erected in 1893, which was moved to the rear of the same site when the new chapel was erected in 1913. The foundation stones of Highley Primitive Methodist chapel were laid on 30th July 1913. The chapel was designed by Henry Harper of Nottingham and opened on the 28th January 1914. It cost about £1599 and seated about 260 worshippers. There is no commemorative or denominational stone, nor a burial ground attached. The chapel was still in use in August 2002, but by 2016 had closed. By 2018 the chapel had been sold and converted into six apartments, in a block called "Chapel House". Services are now held in the parish hall.
Grid ref: SO 742835
There had been a Wesleyan Methodist chapel in Highley erected about 1810. In 1851 it was reported that there were 37 worshippers at their afternoon service.