SHROPSHIRE'S NONCONFORMIST CHAPELS

[former] Bent Lane Primitive Methodist Chapel, Ditton Priors [former] Bent Lane Primitive Methodist Chapel, Hillside, Ditton Priors

There is a feint datestone under the eaves which gives the date of erection as 18--?, and restoration as 1903. There is a conveyance for the chapel dated 1859 in Shropshire Achives. The chapel was built in 1859 and the first service was held on 1st January 1860. The chapel was 27 feet long and 21 feet wide. This chapel has ceased to be used for religious purposes. It was sold in 1996 & in 2002 was being used for storage.
Grid ref: SJ 601878.

All the photographs on this website are copyright and may not be reproduced without the permission of the copyright owner.

To return to the main page, click here