[former] Mount Zion Primitive Methodist Chapel, Hopton, Hodnet
Little is known about this chapel as yet, exept that it was built in 1873 on land given by Lord Viscount Hill. The yard surrounding the chapel was used as a burial ground and contains 69 burials. The chapel was registered for the solemniation of marriages on 18th November 1881. The chapel closed in 1983. To see a photograph taken when the chapel was up for sale in the late 1980s, click here.