[former] Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, Horsehay
This chapel was built in 1815-6, and was licensed at the county quarter sessions on 14th October 1816 by James Smith of Dawley Magna. It had seating for over 200 worshippers. On Census Sunday in March 1851 there were reported to be 100 worshippers at their morning service and 150 at their evening service, plus 200 Sunday scholars in the morning. By 1890 it was described as "dilapidated and altogether inadequate to meet present requirements & better school accommodation is much needed." Fund raising was commenced. The chapel was rebuilt. This chapel, following closure in the late 1960s, was demolished. The building was de-registered as a place of worship on 26th June 1970. There is a good photograph of the chapel in the Shropshire Star of 17th March 2017.
Grid ref: SJ 672076