[former] United Methodist Free Chapel, Horton [near Preston on the Weald Moors]
A Wesleyan society in Horton was formed by 1840, but left the connexion in 1852. The congregation does not appear in the 1851 Religious Census. They built this small chapel in 1858. The commemorative stone has an inscription [top word(s) erased] METHODIST CHAPEL MDCCCLVIII" on it. In 1860 they set up a Sunday School. The chapel closed in 1966 and is now converted to residential use. There is no burial ground attached.
Grid ref: SJ 680146.