[former] Howle Primitive Methodist Chapel, Chetwynd
This small chapel, one of a number of such chapels erected by the Primitives at that time, was built in 1831-2, at a cost of just £54. On census Sunday 30 March 1851 there were 41 worshippers at their afternoon service and 42 at their evening service. It was reported that there were sittings for 100 people in the chapel.The chapelt seems to have been enlarged c.1869, when a new datestone was added to the end wall of the chapel. The small congregation gradually declined in number until 1982 when there was only one member left. The chapel was then closed and in 1983 was sold. It is now used for storage and is in a poor condition.
Grid ref: SJ 690232.