[former] Moss Field Baptist Chapel, Ightfield
Alas, the chapel, which was built in 1847 & opened on 3rd October of that year, has gone. In 1851 it had seating for 160 worshippers, On census Sunday in 1851 it had 36 worshippers at its morning service and 59 at its afternoon one, plus 75 at the Sunday School. The chapel closed in 1937 and has since been demolished. The associated burial ground is overgrown with trees, shrubs and wild plants. However there are surviving gravestones on the site. This is the first of the photos of those gravestones. To see two more photos of gravestones on the site, click here and here.
Grid ref: SJ 593379