[former] Primitive Methodist Chapel, Kenstone
A Primitive Methodist chapel was built here in 1846 and opened on the 25th October 1846. It measured 9 yds by 6 yds, and was described as in a central position for three villages. The chapel and school-house were placed in trust in 1847. In the 1851 Religious Census there were reported to be 41 worshippers at their morning service, 49 in the afternoon and 62 in the evening. It is not yet known when it closed, but it was still in existence in 1941. The chapel has now been demolished.
Grid ref: SJ 596287