Presbyterian Church of Wales (English) Chapel, Chapel Lane, Llanymynech
The foundation stones of this chapel, which was designed by W. H. Spaull of Oswestry (who invited tenders for its consturuction in March 1864) & built by Mr Whilton of Wolverhampton, were laid on 3 June 1864. The cost of the building was £338. It was built of Sweeney stone with red bands & arches and Bath stone dressings. It measured 36 ft x 27 ft. Under the foundation stones were placed two bottles containing a roll of parchment, coins, the "Shrewsbury Chronicle", the "Oswestry Advertiser", a confession of faith and the Welsh magaine "Drysorfa". The chapel is unusual in that it has a small tower & spire. The chapel was still in use in 2016.
Grid ref: SJ 267207