[former] Capel y Wern Primitive Methodist Chapel, Wern, parish of Llanymynech
It is not yet known when this chapel was built, but there were Primitive Methodists meeting in Llanymynech by 1851. In the 1851 Religious Census they were meeting in two dwelling houses. They had 66 worshippers at their afternoon service and 64 in the evening. There is no chapel marked on the 1874-5 6" O.S. map. There is a reference to the chapel in the Wellington Journal of 4 September 1880 so it was in existence by then. The chapel is listed in Kelly's Directory for Shropshire of 1891. The chapel has closed & is now converted to other uses and the door and windows facing the road have been bricked up. The commemorative plaque is still in situ. The chapel is just over the border into Wales, but has been included here as Llanymynech is an ecclesiastical parish in Shropshire.
Grid ref: SJ 257205